Visiting South Africa
Requirements for all visitors to South Africa:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay.
- At least one blank page (two to be safe) in your passport for endorsements important
- A valid visa, if required
- Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay
- A return or onward ticket
- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Countries requiring visas
Many nationalities are exempt from requiring a visa to enter South Africa, citizens of these countries may visit South Africa for up to 90 days (or in some cases 30 days) without a visa. This includes most of Western Europe, USA, and Canada.
Visa Application process
Other attendees need to apply for a visa. Visa applications don't need to be made in-person — there is no visa interview — they can be done by courier. Some countries citizens are charged fees for a visa, for others the visa is free of charge.
Conference attendees should apply for an ordinary tourist visitor visa (Form BI-84). If you need an invitation letter, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include your full name, passport number and expiration date as well as your physical address.