Using LAVA for Debian
Speaker: Neil Williams
Type: BoF (45 mins)
Room: Menzies 11
Time: Jul 07 (Thu), 15:00
How to use LAVA to provide test support on real hardware which can be remote or local to the user.
- publish local tests from your desk to support testing packages like u-boot.
- install lava-dispatcher on a machine on your LAN and publish local tests for everyone to view and analyse
- run CI on the Linux kernel packages on hardware - ramdisk, NFS and SATA media
- test DI on real hardware (typically ARM).
- publish local tests of VM images, including live images, and potentially run tests on VM images where appropriate hardware is available.
- run server-client tests on relevant hardware which cannot be easily performed in sbuild or single VM instances.
- support for VLAN testing is available although unlikely to be via lava.debian.net itself.
- support for Debian SSO for account creation.
- XMLRPC and REST API interfaces.